Madoka Kaname is the title character and one of five heroines in Mahou Shoujo Magica Madoka. She is a 14-yr. old girl whose life was changed after she was flung into the world of Magical Girls and Witches. She disappears in Episode 12 and everyone forgets about her, everyone except for Homura and her little brother.
AppearanceEditDesign( Ms. Aoki’s design notes )
- "Even her bow-wielding magical girl form projects an air of kind friendliness. Her choker bears a pink gem."
- "Of the heroines shown here, Madoka has the most childish body. Her legs are clad in pure, virginal white over-knee socks."
- "I drew her keeping in mind that as the main character she needs to be average, but also an exceptionally good girl. Hence her puffy, high-placed twin tails. The design and color of her ribbons took a lot of work, but in the end calmed down to something simple."
- "Magical girl outfit: Madoka was drawn to be the very image of a magical girl. I added an almost fairy tale-ish hints, so hopefully female viewers will be charmed by her as well."
- "Full of tiny frills, with ribbons arranged at the neck, waist, and on the shoes. It’s perfectly 'cute', and seemingly unsuited for combat, but…"
- "School uniform: Designed to convey the classy image of a private girls’ school, while not being -too- normal. Its distinguishing point is the small hole at the nape of the neck."
Madoka has short pink hair tied into two pigtails with two red ribbons. Madoka has pink eyes. Madoka wears the Mitakihara Middle School uniform.
She was drawn to be a Puella Magi.
- Japanese Name :鹿目 まどか (Kaname Madoka)
- English Name : Madoka Kaname
- Birthday: October 3
- Blood Type: A
- Height: 156 cm
- Shoe size: 22 JP (Women's 5.5 US, Children's 4 US, 36 EU, 3 UK)
- Age : 13 (12 in Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Different Story)
- Seiyuu : Japanese: Aoi YuukiEnglish: Christine Marie CabanosItalian: Joy Saltarelli
ArtWork / OfficialEdit
Episodes / ScreenShotsEdit
"Homura-Chan, you were my best friend."- Madoka, Episode 12.
"If someone tells me it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong everytime.",- Madoka, Episode 12.